Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grad School/Post-Parents Visit

It's been awhile since an update but that's mostly because for the past two weeks, my parents were here visiting me in Ecuador which was awesome. We had a great time together and it was nice to show off the diversity of this small country. We spent a few days in Quito touring around the old historical center and visiting churches and museums. We also spent a few days in a beautiful old colonial town in the south called Cuenca and were able to see some pre-Incan ruins. And, we got to spend a few days in an Eco Lodge in the middle of the Amazon basin...which was everyone's favorite part of the trip. The Amazon is incredible, there are really no words to describe how it feels to be out in the middle of the jungle there.

In the past few weeks I also heard the incredible news that I will be going to grad school next year! I got into Oxford for the Forced Migration Program which will give me a masters in one year. I'm still waiting to hear back from the American University in Cairo so I'm not final on my decision. It kind of depends on what kind of money (or any kind of money) the two schools can offer me.

Now it's back to work on my research. Since I only have about 3 months left (and one week I'll be in Peru and Alex will be here for 2 weeks), it's time for me to start writing up my results. That is exciting but also intimidating at the same time. Hopefully something worthwhile will come out of my work here...

No comments:

Post a Comment